Wednesday, April 9, 2014

the mom ornament

The mammoth amounts of snow are finally melting here in the Canadian Rockies!  So much so that yesterday afternoon everything seemed to turn brown.  Today, when I went home for lunch, I found one of the lovely little 'mom' snow person ornaments that our wonderful cousins in Northern Ontario send us every Christmas, lying in the mud right under our balcony.  They also send 'dad', 'cameron' & 'connor' ones.

My husband is the tree guy.  He is very particular about choosing his tree, bringing safely home and dumping it in water.  The rest of us don't even go with him anymore to help pick out.  This is a man who used to refuse to cut down trees for the holidays (pre-kids) and now he is the crazy tree guy.

So this tree guy likes to toss the usually now dead tree over our balcony so it drops less needles all over the house and then he can drag it to the car and head to the tree chipper (yuck, what a horrible 2 words).

So there I am walking into my house for lunch yesterday when I come across the mom ornament, covered in mud, a tiny, dead, brown pine branch stuck to it.  How sad.

Sad, too, that I barely have time for toast & a boiled egg at lunch as I am putting laundry away & emptying the dishwasher.  Oh yeah, I did make time for a quickie espresso & warm milk via my verisimo.

Time to hit the gym again at lunch time!  And stop this sad, little story.

No comments:

Post a Comment