Saturday, September 17, 2016

Monsters or Mothers in law (yes, really, read on...)

Why?  Why do I have to have one?  The moment we got engaged, I could feel the air change in the room.  I was no longer the girlfriend, I was now the other woman.  The o-womyn who would never be good enough for precious him.  It was fine as just the gfriend.  She was nice, she was friendly, all was fab.  Then we got engaged.

The questions and comments were unreal: 'Do you cook every night?', 'That was a long drive-did you share the task?'  Her sister even asked me point blank: 'How old are you?'  wtf.

The assumption, hard and fast, that I would be changing my last name: 'Your new initials will be AMC.  How nice.'

ugh.

I have a friend who is a mom in law and she sends her daughter in law for pedicures at the spa and then watches the kids while the d-in-law is being pampered.  I mean, come on.
(why not me?)

Why can some of them (m-in-law) function with the new gal in town just fine while others are basket cases of crazy.  Are they unnerved? Confused?  No social skills finally being revealed?  Cause, really, a d-in-law doesn't become any more real then when she shows up at your front door with your baby boy.  Cue shit hitting fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment